Drifting and striding, in Hollywood and elsewhere, with Geoff Nicholson - author of The Lost Art of Walking, and Walking in Ruins withcholson, author of Toff Nidrifting and stomping withcholson, author of The Lost Art of Walking, considers the narrower and wider shores of obsessive pedestrianism.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WALKING SWIFTLY


And speaking of walking backwards  (as I was) – this has shown up in the tumblr-o-sphere: 





But nah, Taylor arrived at this technique all on her own.
She claimed it was to deter a “snapperazzo."
 "I saw the guy with the camera and wasn't in the mood so I hiked the whole trail backwards and my security told me when to make turns."
So a security man, not a fitness instructor.  Though frankly I’d have thought that walking with a security man was a pretty good way to ruin a walk.  So little room for solitude. So little room for reverie.  Rousseau would weep.





No comments:

Post a Comment