Monday, February 13, 2023

WRONG AGAIN

 In the interests of half-arsed research I typed ‘walking wrong’ into Google and wasn’t very surprised by what I found – this kind of thing:

 




Now of course I’m not actually going to read these articles, though I was almost sucked by this one:

 


Mistakes while walking may not be the same as walking mistakes but I didn’t trouble to find out – nice font variety through.

 

Of course many of the mistakes are apparently about posture.  Yes, sometimes the internet is just like a punishing and over critical parent – stand up straight, don’t slouch, look where you’re going. And in these cases the mistake was often revealed in the image.



But there were some surprises. Overstriding.  I’d never heard of that. 

 


Insufficient weight change – how much is sufficient?

 


And how about this one?

 


It’s the whole universe telling me that I’m walking wrong, and in the wrong direction, such as when I find myself walking into space on a concrete parabola that looks a bit like Lubetkin’s penguin pool:



And of course if you Google ‘walking right’ you still get a lot of hits telling you how you’re walking wrong. However, I this one found moderately consoling.  


Invoking scientists always raises the stakes – and scientists are rarely invoked in order to say everything’s just fine, carry on as you are. But in this case, I was encouraged by that line, ‘And there is nothing we can do about it.’ Which is fine, because nothing is exactly what I was planning to do about it anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment